I started The Juggling Writer in September, so I only have a few months of blog posts to pull from.
Here are my 10 favorite posts of 2009:
10. The Gift of Reading: One of the best gifts an adult can give a child is a love of reading. Here are 10 reasons why.
9. 10 Rules for Starting a Writing Group: Follow these 10 rules for a strong writing group.
8. The Takeoff Roll: At some point you have to stop revising and let your writing fly.
7. 5 Ways to Give Good Critiques: Follow these 5 tips for giving good critiques and you increase your chances of receiving them yourself.
6. 5 Ways to Handle Criticism: Criticism may sting, but it’s part of writing. Follow these five tips and you’ll know how to roll with the punches.
5. The Power of Nothing: Value your time. Do nothing to have more time for writing and the things that really matter!
4. Five Lessons Learned from Street Performing: The first time I juggled before a crowd terrified me. It also taught me a lot about myself…and writing.
3. Dropping Things: My favorite post — how juggling and writing (and life) are similar…and how important tenacity is in the things we all do.
2. Ten Ways to Write Every Day: There’s no excuse not to write daily. Follow these 10 rules and watch the pages stack up.
1. The Secret: A very short post. Three rules for writing not just a novel, but writing anything.
Looking to January, 2010
The first week of January (January 4th – 8th) — I plan to write a daily series. Since many people make resolutions to write more, each day I’ll provide a writing prompt to give readers a nudge in the right direction.
The second week of January (January 11 – 15) — Normal posts.
The third week of January (January 21 – 25) — I plan to write a daily series. Each day during the third week of January, I’ll share a query letter that worked for me in the hope they help somebody preparing to submit their articles or stories in 2010.
The last week of January (January 28 – February 1) — Normal posts.
* * *
If there’s anything you’d like me to write about in 2010, please let me know.
Good luck to you all in the coming year!