I’ve said before that when it comes to self promotion, I’m not the best.
Over a month ago, I had a novella called Old Man released as an ebook. Now, I did write a blog entry about writing the same story in different formats shortly before Old Man was released. But I never came here and said, “It’s official — Old Man is out!”
Old Man is about a sixteen-year-old named Phil Johnson who begins acting like an old man in an effort to get to know his dying grandfather. It’s also about what happens after Gramps dies and Phil goes even more extreme with the old-man act.
Hell, I even made a video about the novella!
The last thing I’ll say about Old Man is this: after all I’ve written in my life, this is still my favorite thing I’ve written!
Other Promo Stuff
And since I’m on a promo kick, here’s some stuff going on with friends I’ve met through The Juggling Writer (well, except that Kupfer guy…met him at my last job!).
- A reminder that Shawn Kupfer’s latest, Fear and Anger, is just waiting to have your eyeballs move across all those exciting lines of text! I even interviewed Shawn when it came out!
- The mighty Paul Lamb has a new story up at The Fictioneer. Free reading is good reading, and since Paul is a great writer, this is doubly wonderful!
- CMStewart completed another successful run at NaNoWriMo and has a story in this anthology. You can read an interview her computer did with her, here and find other purchasing links to the anthology there.
- Lisa Eckstein has wrapped up her latest novel after running the gauntlet at the Squaw Valley Writer’s Workshop gauntlet. She emerged on the other side of the challenge holding the heads of all who opposed her up high while shouting, “THIS BOOK WILL SOON BE DONE!!!” (Okay, so maybe that didn’t happen, but it’s the image that came to mind as I wrote this…)
- Laura Mills hit her 100th blog post. Even with all the busy that comes with the first semester of college, I think she’s blogging even more…
It’s Almost 2014!
I just wanted to type that: “It’s almost 2014!”
But it is, and it’s been a great year, despite some rough moments. The best writing I’ve ever done is slowly falling from my head, and I plan to be a bit greedy, hole up even more next year, and focus on just a few things.
I hope when I come out on the other side of 2014, that I look like this…
I’d say that’s a good way to end this post!
(Okay, so since this is all about promotion, you should also check out the Men in Gorilla Suits podcast! Oh yeah, and remember that I write different bloggy stuff at my main website. There, now done for real!)