It’s been a busy time at the day job and working on A Magic Life. Sadly, The Juggling Writer suffers a bit when I put other things first. The day job and novel-in-progress need to come first, though. Last year, there were times when it was like, “I can work on the book or…I can post something to the blog!” Posting to the blog is easier, so…posting here often won out.
The New Thing
Because I needed more to do, I started a podcast with my friend and fellow writer Shawn Kupfer. The podcast is called Men in Gorilla Suits and you can find out more here if you are so inclined. The first episode went live last Thursday, and now — each Thursday — we’ll post a new episode about pop culture, writing, or whatever we feel like talking about. We wanted to have a head start before posting, and we now have 7 episodes done.
The first episode is all about how it’s now acceptable to be an adult geek. Other stuff we’ve recorded:
- Creating Your Own Reality – Offices that match personalities, fitness hacks, meditation and lucid dreaming, and other stuff.
- Conspiracy Theories – We finally chat a little bit about writing (about how conspiracy theories can be good for writing) and how we’re all not as far away from believing strange things.
- Buzzwords and Buzz Phrases – We tackle corporate speak and take a side trip into discussing easy ways to get ahead in an office job by doing less.
- The Democratization of Content – Technology has made creating and distributing creative work easy. The ups and downs of that.
- Copyright/Piracy – More writing-related than others so far, Shawn and I discuss the pros and cons of copyright and piracy.
- World Building – Our first all-writing episode, all about world building in fiction.
So that’s what I’ve been up to — how about you guys?
Oh, and if you want to hear a couple samples from Episode 01 of Men in Gorilla Suits, check these out: