I’ve said before that when it comes to self promotion, I’m not the best.
Over a month ago, I had a novella called Old Man released as an ebook. Now, I did write a blog entry about writing the same story in different formats shortly before Old Man was released. But I never came here and said, “It’s official — Old Man is out!”
So guess what? It’s official — Old Man is out! (Amazon link / Barnes and Noble Nook link.)
Old Man is about a sixteen-year-old named Phil Johnson who begins acting like an old man in an effort to get to know his dying grandfather. It’s also about what happens after Gramps dies and Phil goes even more extreme with the old-man act.
Hell, I even made a video about the novella!
The last thing I’ll say about Old Man is this: after all I’ve written in my life, this is still my favorite thing I’ve written!
Other Promo Stuff
And since I’m on a promo kick, here’s some stuff going on with friends I’ve met through The Juggling Writer (well, except that Kupfer guy…met him at my last job!).
- A reminder that Shawn Kupfer’s latest, Fear and Anger, is just waiting to have your eyeballs move across all those exciting lines of text! I even interviewed Shawn when it came out!
- The mighty Paul Lamb has a new story up at The Fictioneer. Free reading is good reading, and since Paul is a great writer, this is doubly wonderful!
- CMStewart completed another successful run at NaNoWriMo and has a story in this anthology. You can read an interview her computer did with her, here and find other purchasing links to the anthology there.
- Lisa Eckstein has wrapped up her latest novel after running the gauntlet at the Squaw Valley Writer’s Workshop gauntlet. She emerged on the other side of the challenge holding the heads of all who opposed her up high while shouting, “THIS BOOK WILL SOON BE DONE!!!” (Okay, so maybe that didn’t happen, but it’s the image that came to mind as I wrote this…)
- Laura Mills hit her 100th blog post. Even with all the busy that comes with the first semester of college, I think she’s blogging even more…
It’s Almost 2014!
I just wanted to type that: “It’s almost 2014!”
But it is, and it’s been a great year, despite some rough moments. The best writing I’ve ever done is slowly falling from my head, and I plan to be a bit greedy, hole up even more next year, and focus on just a few things.
I hope when I come out on the other side of 2014, that I look like this…
I’d say that’s a good way to end this post!
(Okay, so since this is all about promotion, you should also check out the Men in Gorilla Suits podcast! Oh yeah, and remember that I write different bloggy stuff at my main website. There, now done for real!)
Thanks for the mention and links, Christopher! And that’s a might fine and writerly virtual beard / lizard burrow you’ve got going there. 🙂
Christopher Gronlund says
I don’t know if I’m capable of growing a beard like that in real life, so a hurried Photoshop job may be as good as it gets. The lizard is actually a bird (but it TOTALLY looks like a lizard in that pic, and a few others..first time I saw one, I was like, “Cool lizard!!!”). If you’ve never done a Google image search for Potoo it’s worth it. They are like what if lizards, owls, and small hawks had a wild party and somehow all their DNA combined with cheap beer and resulted in new life.
Wow! The Potoo is my new fav bird! I thought it was a muppet at first. lol
Lisa Eckstein says
I told you not to tell anyone about the heads!
Thanks for the laugh that image gave me. And also for a great year of blog friendship and writing. Hope you get some wonderful relaxation time as the year wraps up, and here’s to an amazing 2014!
Paul Lamb says
Not feeling so mighty right now, but it has been a good publishing year for me. Thanks for promo!
Christopher Gronlund says
CMS: Yes, I kind of instantly fell in love with potoo. It just…doesn’t seem real. There’s a good video showing a nesting potoo on YouTube and showing how well they can camouflage themselves.
Lisa: Whoops, sorry about letting slip about the heads. At least you no longer wear them on a belt! (Speaking of belts and something absolutely random…saw an old guy named Clyde at the grocery store the other day. Or, at least that’s my guess because he was wearing a belt with CLYDE written on it. I suppose his name COULD be Bob and he took out a Clyde and was like, “I’m gonna wear this belt in victory!!!”) Hope 2014 brings all kinds of great stuff your way as you shop your novel around!
Paul: You ran a lot and had stuff published…I’d say that’s mighty! 😉